Sunday, February 22, 2009

A sneak peek....at a "Love Story"....

Over the past few weeks I have been working on a new quilt....and it always amazes me, how as soon as I pull out the fabrics, start working on a design, the love affair with fabric and thread begins....there is nothing better...it is like retreating into a good book....fabric in itself will begin to tell you a story of how it is to look, what colours go with what....if there is to be any other features whether applique or embroidery etc... this quilt started out with the centre and with a little applique work....I can't reveal too much at this stage....shh it's a secret!, it turned into the quilt that I have made. I have used new fresh colours of summer and a rich chocolate box palette and tried a few new things in the design....I have made it in these two colour ways as you can see in the photos just as a hint...just so I can see how one quilt done in two colourways can look so different....I hope it inspires you...

1 comment:

Marie said...

Great readinng your blog