This is a new favorite of ours...one we enjoyed tonight...so quick and easy....especially nice with homemade plum jam...but you can use any jam or golden syrup...
MICROWAVE JAM PUDDING
· 60g butter or margarine
· 60g caster sugar
· 60g self raising flour
· 1 medium egg, beaten
· 2 tablespoons milk
· 2 tablespoons of jam or syrup
1. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Mix in the egg and milk gradually, so as not to curdle the mixture.
3. Sift in the flour, and fold in gently.
4. Put 2 tablespoons of golden syrup, treacle or raspberry jam in bottom of microwave- safe bowl. Pour in the mixture.
5. Cover, and cook for 3 minutes on full power, or until the pudding appears set when gently shaken and the top is sticky. Serve hot with custard or cream.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Over the past few weeks I have been working on a new quilt....and it always amazes me, how as soon as I pull out the fabrics, start working on a design, the love affair with fabric and thread begins....there is nothing better...it is like retreating into a good book....fabric in itself will begin to tell you a story of how it is to look, what colours go with what....if there is to be any other features whether applique or embroidery etc... this quilt started out with the centre and with a little applique work....I can't reveal too much at this stage....shh it's a secret!, it turned into the quilt that I have made. I have used new fresh colours of summer and a rich chocolate box palette and tried a few new things in the design....I have made it in these two colour ways as you can see in the photos just as a hint...just so I can see how one quilt done in two colourways can look so different....I hope it inspires you...
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Hey Guys, just letting you know to check out the latest issue of 'Country Threads' - Bountiful Harvest, out now. I have a project in there called "An Apple A Day", which is two lovely cushions, that you can complete in a weekend featuring an apple box label fruit print.