This is a new favorite of ours...one we enjoyed tonight...so quick and easy....especially nice with homemade plum jam...but you can use any jam or golden syrup...
MICROWAVE JAM PUDDING
· 60g butter or margarine
· 60g caster sugar
· 60g self raising flour
· 1 medium egg, beaten
· 2 tablespoons milk
· 2 tablespoons of jam or syrup
1. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Mix in the egg and milk gradually, so as not to curdle the mixture.
3. Sift in the flour, and fold in gently.
4. Put 2 tablespoons of golden syrup, treacle or raspberry jam in bottom of microwave- safe bowl. Pour in the mixture.
5. Cover, and cook for 3 minutes on full power, or until the pudding appears set when gently shaken and the top is sticky. Serve hot with custard or cream.