Monday, October 8, 2012

Quiltology...

I saw this quilt on the "Hawthorne Threads" website....
and really liked the colours and the design, it looked really simple and really effective, 
so I bought it and it sat on my shelves in my 
sewing room for a few months, 
before I rediscovered it again and decided I really 
should make it....
Well, why not, I had everything in the kit to do it, 
I didn't even have to go out to get anything else...


I downloaded the odd shaped hexagon from my pattern in ebooks, and began cutting!! 

Next, I had to cut all the cream fabric into triangles to stitch to each of the corners of the hexagon...hundreds of them...

Then I began to stitch...and I'm still stitching...but this is what it will look like when I'm finished... 


I even took a photo of all the scraps as I put them to the side, they look so funky, I decided to put them in a jar on my sewing room shelves...kind off like a jar buttons!!




No comments: