After seeing many of my "Instagram' friends making this quilt, I decided to give it a try, if nothing else it would use up some of my scraps from my stash.
So I challenged myself to the task, and made myself make each block totally different, I was not to use the same fabric twice - even with the large amount of fabrics I had, it was still difficult as I still had to make the fabrics work together.
I firstly made piles of fabrics that I wanted to use, then put them together in sets of six fabrics, that blended together nicely!! Then I had to cut a 16" strip from each fabric; stitch them together, crosscut, unpick and restitch, until I had 36 blocks total. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun!!
I stitched the blocks together to create a diamond design, but this can also be stitched to create zig-zags or chevrons, which I might try one day, when I have another stash of fabrics to use up!! It really is an effective design!!
I just got it back the other day from the quilters, in which they quilted with swirling daisies, and looks great!
Another quilt finished....
Until next time